Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Things that color blind people want you to know.


I am graduated architecture (degree) student with mild color blind. It am not supposedly passed the color blind test during the university interview. But I "did"... How? The interviewer show me 2 card, like the picture above (IDK Hell what it is a shape or number??).... She helped me pass the test, with just let me guessing the number.... well... so here I am...... I hate Autocad with too many color layer. I can easily get confused and took me a long time to see the differences. To make it worse, if you have to specified or suggesting a color of the finishes to a client you will be hell doomed. These are the things that holding me back to work in architecture firm (and other bizarre reason).

Okay 

Things that color blind people want you to know.

1. Don't talk color with us... we hate you..

2. Graphic designer... if you make info graphic with color guide like lines or  legend... well it is a hell to see... we can't differentiate color that well...
like this interstellar info graphic.




3. We are insecure about our art/drawings... me colouring using watercolor and any medium of color... disaster..... 
mixing up color never been so hard, *mild color blind problem

4. We are curious of how "normal" people see....

5. It is not that bad...  we tend to live with it.. and it is okay most of the time.

6. Don't test us with the first image above...

7. We hardly justify the certain color.... such as... is it blue or purple? 

that's it... I couldn't think more right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment